Friday, June 21, 2002

Well, I guess it was inevitable, but America's wild World Cup ride has come to an end, although I must say it was edifying merely to watch the Germans take our soccer team seriously. Now all of my hopes are on South Korea to take its Cinderella story all the way to the top. I guess a Senegal v. Brazil upset would also be an amazing thing, as well, but let's not kid ourselves. Watching this Brazilian team play even the "good" teams of this Cup is like watching the Harlem Globetrotters run circles around their no-name adversaries, and although I'd like to see the Red Devils take it all, the smart money says that Brazil is now the unbeatable team to beat. I guess we'll all just have to lose more sleep and see!

Okay. This is totally square, but my first solo attempt at web design "for hire" is apparently a hit. I know for a fact that this is a pale imitation of anything out there that's actually cool, but still it feels good that someone out there was impressed. And I didn't even have Photoshop at my disposal... (patience, Grasshopper)