Friday, August 23, 2002

Do you like Buffy (of course you do!)? Do you like The Sims (of course you do!)? Then why not try both? Suddenly I feel the urge to go home and play The Sims. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" And if that weren't bad enough, the new expanion pack - Unleashed, due out next month - will allow you to add pets to your virtual family. Bad dog. Bad cat. Bad werewolf!

O.K., random link number two: The Church of Spongebob Squarepants. Yes, there is such a thing. And yes, I'm considering converting. Let's face it, how can Catholicism compete with the Holy Trinity of Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward? For another most excellent (and perhaps less heretical) Spongebob fansite, check out Absorbency.

And here's three. Have you ever gotten one of those spam e-mails from people selling discount toner? Here at the library we've been deluged by them lately, and my boss decided to fight dirty and get the Harvard Police on the case. According to the Imaging Supplies Coalition black-market toner and related copy products make for a $1 billion dollar a year industry. Of course maybe I'd have a little more sympathy for the ISC if toner didn't cost about as much as cocaine (aka "white toner"), and I have to say I find the whole idea of underground office supply cartels too funny to take seriously. And you thought the black market was cool!