Monday, October 21, 2002

Choose your metaphors with caution, folks. No sooner had I written off my experience with wrestling my degree out of Boston University as a horror show, than the supposedly-vanquished monster that is BU administration reared its ugly head one last time, 100% true to the form of a teenage slasher flick. The fact that one little code changed on my graduation application between 1997 and now has necessitated that I take yet another morning off to go and fill out an entirely new application, track down my old faculty advisor, and have him sign it (again), before they'll finally put me on that diploma list. Grrr. Working in the bowels of a university myself has taught me that arbitrary inflexibility is the rule, not the exception, especially when it comes to stuff like this, but having come so close to the finish line only to be forced to run a whole additional lap is just galling, to say the least. Oh, well, once more unto the breach. Once more.