Friday, March 21, 2003

I finished Chapter Two of the novel - which now stands at about 12,000 words - this evening, on the bus ride home to Lynn. It's a glorious mess, but I have some ideas for taking it apart and reassembling it in a more coherent fashion when I finally get around to the second draft. In the meantime, however, it's full steam ahead, although I did take a break after finishing the chapter by starting a short story that I recently got a flash of inspiration for, about the Curse of the Bambino (a topic near and dear to my heart, as a member of Red Sox Nation). I was surprised at how well the first few paragraphs came out, so now I'm going to be torn between continuing on with Chapter Three or pecking away at my new story. Now this is the kind of trouble I wish I'd always had as a writer!